Ticket To Work
UCP of Long Island's "The Employment Connection" is a designated Employment Network under the federal Social Security Administration.
The Ticket to Work program is voluntary!
The program is designed to assist individuals who receive SSI/SSDI to obtain employment that will eventually lead to non-dependence on SSI/SSDI.
If you are not medically capable of employment now or in the future, you do not have to do anything with your ticket to work, you do not have to call anyone, remember it is completely voluntary.
If you feel you would like to try to be employed, so you can eventually get off of SSI/SSDI, you first need to call Maximus -the social security program manager. Maximus will explain the program and give you the choices of what "Employment Networks" are available to assist you in areas such as, employment preparation, career counseling, employment training, and job placement. UCP of Long Island "The Employment Connection" can assist you as an Employment Network to reach your career goals, even if you are presently working! We can also work along with the State Vocational Agency and the Department of Labor.
• You can call Maximus at 1-866-968-7842 or 1-866-TTD2WORK
• You can visit the web site: www.yourtickettowork.com
• You can contact your local social security administration field office (Patchogue number 631-207-3340 Ext 233)
• You can contact UCP of Long Island, "The Employment Connection" Ticket to Work hot line at 631-234-0011, Ext. 500 or for more information e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• You do not have to use, or can delay using your Ticket
Remember UCP of Long Island, The Employment Connection" can assist you with any of your employment needs whether you have a developmental disability or acquired disability from injury or disease. Our community employment services have been nationally accredited by CARF for delivering quality services!
Contact The Employment Connection
Telephone: 631-234-0011, Ext. 500